The Kyoto University Center for African Area Studies has established field stations (hereinafter, FS) in a number of African countries at which research and educational activities are carried out. The Niger FS conducts intensive research and educational activities in Niger and other West African countries, and promotes joint research with local research institutions and the strengthening of cooperative relationships between governmental and non-governmental organizations.
Here, we will introduce not only the activities based in the Niger FS, but also the research, education, and public relations activities of Kyoto University scholars who carry out their research in West Africa and Niger.
- The land restoration project of Prof. Shuichi Oyama is posted on YouTube of AICD, African Initiative for Combating Desertification to Strengthen Resilience to Climate Change in the Sahel and the Horn of Africa.
- Upload Project Report (2017 Sep.) from Assoumana Abdou, JICA Niger
- Outcomes and Publications 2015
- Outcomes and Publications 2014
- Outcomes and Publications 2013
- Outcomes and Publications 2012
- September 2012 Kyoto University GSS Program Field School
- Agreement reached with Dogondotchi City