The Kyoto University Center for African Area Studies has established field stations (hereinafter, FS) in a number of African countries at which research and educational activities are carried out. The Niger FS conducts intensive research and educational activities in Niger and other West African countries, and promotes joint research with local research institutions and the strengthening of cooperative relationships between governmental and non-governmental organizations.
Here, we will introduce not only the activities based in the Niger FS, but also the research, education, and public relations activities of Kyoto University scholars who carry out their research in West Africa and Niger.
- Construction of JICA grassroots project site and installation of meteorological instruments
- Launch of JICA Grassroots Technical Cooperation Project (Grassroots Cooperation Support Type)
- About CGN project
- A greening site captured by an interval camera
- Distribution of fruit tree seedlings (mango, avocado, papaya) to local residents
- Creation of a local NGO authorized by the Government of Niger
- JSPS Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research, Grant-in-Aid for Challenging Research (Pioneering)
- First General Assembly of the NGO (June 21 2021)
- Book Publication
- JSPS Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research, Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A)